The Portland District Health Counselling and Support Service is available for all age groups and there is no cost to attend the service. Our team of qualified professional practitioners can provide support for a range of presentations and conditions. Specialised services and groups are also available for chronic disease management, health coaching, behaviour change, smoking cessation and parenting.
This is a guide as to who is the preferred practitioner to see individuals referred with particular issues. It is not a full summary of skills and roles of each service area.
Psychology / Social Work / Counselling:
- Depression, Anxiety, Panic, Mood Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Grief and Loss – General
- Stress Management / Workplace Stress
- Improving Self Esteem
- Relationship therapy
- Self-harm behaviours
- Developmental Disorders (Autism, ADHD, ODD)
- Preparation for Surgery / Post Surgery Complications
- Grief and Loss associated with diagnosis of chronic illness or medical condition
- Terminal Illness
- Disability post-accident / injury
- Behaviour Change to manage a chronic illness
- Health coaching and chronic disease advising
- Advanced Care Planning
- Youth Aged 12 – 25
- Youth at risk of homelessness or disconnection from community
- Initial Needs as assessment of youth aged
- Case coordination of at risk youth
- Access and referral to health and other services,
- Health and wellbeing programs
Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 4.30pm
Health Services Building, Portland District Health
Phone:(03) 5522 1410
Fax:(03) 5521 0372
Counselling and Support Services may be accessed directly by individuals.
Referrals from your GP or other health professional may be emailed or faxed to the above contacts.