The pharmacy department at PDH has a team of dedicated and skilled professionals who are committed to the promotion of quality use of medicines.
At PDH Pharmacy, we offer the following services:
- Medication reconciliation;
- Medicines review & counselling;
- Inpatient services;
- Outpatient services (limited);
- Chemotherapy services;
- Hospital-In-The-Home (HITH) services;
- Medicine Information Services;
- Staff & Students education;
- Patient education like cardiac Rehabilitation talk, Falls Prevention talks, etc.
Information for our patients
PDH pharmacy staff are here to help you with your medicines needs to ensure safe, efficient and timely pharmacy services. We do liaise with your community healthcare providers (like your GP & Pharmacists) to get the best possible medication history for you. To enable us achieve this, and to ensure that all your medicines’ needs are met, we advise that you bring along with you:
- all your containers of medicines (including both prescribed and non-prescribed medicines) when coming to the hospital as a patient. These medicines may include all medicines prescribed for you by your doctor; those recommended by your pharmacists; those over-the-counter medicines; herbal & complimentary medicines (multivitamins, supplements, etc.)
- any medicines list issued to you by either your GP and/or pharmacist; and
- any webster pack or dosette prepared by your pharmacist or yourself.
Pharmacy discharge lists detailing all medicines you take are available for you on discharge. We also issue Consumer Medicines Information for all new medications upon discharge or upon request for existing medicines.
For medicines that you No longer need as recommended by your doctor, we can help you dispose of them.
Our hours of operation are 8.30am-5pm Mondays through Fridays. We do NOT open on weekends and public holidays.
To talk to the pharmacy staff for any medicines information please ring 0355210329 or e-mail email@example.com
If you have any complaints or need more information please call the Director of Pharmacy, on 03 5521 0329.