Portland District Health pride ourselves on providing a fantastic placement experience for all students across all disciplines- Nursing, Medicine and Allied Health professions in conjunction with the following;
- Established partnerships with training providers (Universities & TAFEs)
ALL Student placements must be navigated through Placeright, a framework designed to provide the student, training provider and health service a streamlined student placement experience.http://www.placeright.net.au
- On first day of placement ALL students are required to present to main hospital reception (off Fern street) at 0830hrs sharp unless on a District Nursing placement in which case it is no later than 0800hrs. Reception will notify the learning centre upon your arrival.
- It is the responsibility of ALL students to present a hard copy of their National Police check and WWC. Failure to provide these can result in cancellation of placement.
- PDH does not roster students on PH or weekends.
- All students commencing placement longer than 1 week duration will undertake Orientation on day 1 of placement.
- Any questions can be directed to your tertiary provider who is welcome to contact our Learning and training coordinator or Clinical facilitator on 55210615
- Student accommodation- Responsibility of student to book own accommodation
GREATER HEALTH ACCOMMODATION
High standard, low cost accommodation close to hospital, comprising individual bedrooms with shared kitchen, living room, laundry and bathroom facilities. Access to communal study area with computers, internet, printing and telephone facilities.
Bookings are essential through www.greaterhealth.org .Accommodation is limited and availability cannot be guaranteed until full payment is received.
- RENT A ROOM
If you are looking for something a bit cheaper and do not require a full house to yourself, Portland District Health has some staff members who rent rooms in their own private homes. For a brochure contact The Learning centre on 55210615 or 55210620
- PRIVATE ACCOMMODATION
Portland has a variety of accommodation options available, for a list of accommodation, please visit the Portland Tourist Association website: www.visitportland.com.au/accommodation
For Further student information please Contact:
Learning and training coordinator
Portland District Health -Learning centre (03) 55210 615