REGISTERED NURSE – PERIOPERATIVE SERVICES
Permanent Part Term – (up to 64 hours per fortnight)
An exciting and rewarding opportunity is available for a suitably qualified Registered Nurse with perioperative experience to join the team at Portland District Health.
As part of this role you will be responsible for delivering safe and effective personal care and clinical care, in accordance with the consumer’s needs, goals and preferences to optimise their health and well-being.
Generous salary packaging benefits available.
- Currently registered as Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Previous perioperative experience
- Willingness to expand/consolidate skills and competencies in the aspects of Perioperative Nursing, available at PDH, in line with the Victorian Perioperative Nurses` Group (VPNG) pathway.
- Previous and demonstrated experience in Perioperative Nursing
- An aptitude for learning, and a willingness to embrace this opportunity.
- Current employee police check and Working with Children check.
- Ongoing registration with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia including maintenance of Professional Portfolio
Portland District Health (PDH) provides an integrated health service for the community. The hospital was established in 1856 on the current site and now provides a comprehensive range of services that include:
- Hospital based Medical and Surgical services, Medical Imaging (Radiology), Pharmacy and Pathology
- A 24/7 Urgent Care Centre for emergency treatment
- Residential aged care for 30 residents at Harbourside Lodge
- An extensive range of primary and community services for the local community
PDH delivers services from a single campus, employs around 470 staff with an FTE of approximately 290, and has an active volunteer workforce. The People and Culture Unit sits within the Corporate Services Directorate, with other Units including Finance, Building Services, Food Services, Environmental Services, Executive Support, Administration and Health Information.
The Region – Glenelg Shire
Appreciate the beautiful surroundings of the Glenelg Shire, trek the Great South West Walk, Bridgewater Bay’s rugged coastline, or explore Budj Bim (a World Heritage site) and Mount Richmond National Park.
Affordable coastal, rural and low density urban housing, a choice or private and public primary and secondary school makes Portland an ideal place to work, live and raise a family.
To find out more about Portland visit the Glenelg Shire and I Am Portland websites
How to apply
Applications need to include:
- a letter which tells us who you are and why you should be our next team member. Look at the selection criteria in the position description for some ideas.
- a resume outlining your education, experience and work related achievements. We are looking to see if your employment and experience have set you up with skills needed to be successful in this role.
- details of at least two professional referees. We will be calling them and asking them a wide range of questions about how you performed as an employee in your past roles. They need to be able to provide feedback on your performance.
The successful applicant will be required to be eligible for and undergo the following:
- Police Record Check
- Current Immunisation status. This role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and meet the requirements of the Portland District Health Immunisation Policy.
Applications close Wednesday 8th November 2023 at 5.00pm.
Applications must include a letter outlining your suitability for the position, a current resume, qualifications and two referees.
Email your application to: email@example.com for queries please phone HR (03)5521 0312
Portland District Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. We are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.