Permanent Part time position – min 48 hours per fortnight
We are currently seeking 2 Registered Nurses for Part-time position.
Are you are Registered Nurse with enthusiasm for learning, looking to further develop your nursing skills? Portland District Health has a permanent part-time position for 2 registered nurses with no perioperative experience to join the team.
As the Registered Nurse you are an integral part of the multidisciplinary healthcare team. In this role you understand the importance of providing person centred care to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. Your interactions with patients, relatives and colleagues are guided by the organisation’s policy framework and values of trust and respect in an environment which continuously identifies opportunities for improving the quality of patient care.
- Degree level qualification with a recognised educational institution in Nursing
- Registered Nurse with Australian Health Practitioners Regulations Agency
- Sound clinical knowledge, skills and experience with demonstrated clinical competence
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new processes and procedures under direction from senior Unit staff
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs, issues and sensitivities of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team delivering excellent patient care
- Commitment to developing practice, including willingness to undertake further training in perioperative services, in addition to expected professional development
What we will offer:
Attractive salary packaging benefits:
- Remote Area Housing
- Living Expenses capped at $9010
- Meal Entertainment & Accommodation capped at $2650
- Novated Leasing
- 10% superannuation employer contribution
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- An active Social Club
- Free parking onsite
- Corporate rate with GMHBA health insurance
Portland District Health (PDH) provides an integrated health service for the community. The hospital was established in 1856 on the current site and now provides a comprehensive range of services that include:
- Hospital based Medical and Surgical services, Medical Imaging (Radiology), Pharmacy and Pathology
- A 24/7 Urgent Care Centre for emergency treatment
- Residential aged care for 30 residents at Harbourside Lodge
- An extensive range of primary and community services for the local community
PDH delivers services from a single campus, employs around 470 staff with an FTE of approximately 290, and has an active volunteer workforce. The People and Culture Unit sits within the Corporate Services Directorate, with other Units including Finance, Building Services, Food Services, Environmental Services, Executive Support, Administration and Health Information.
The Region – Glenelg Shire
Appreciate the beautiful surroundings of the Glenelg Shire, trek the Great South West Walk, Bridgewater Bay’s rugged coastline, or explore Budj Bim (a World Heritage site) and Mount Richmond National Park
Affordable coastal, rural and low density urban housing, a choice or private and public primary and secondary school makes Portland an ideal place to work, live and raise a family
To find out more about Portland visit the Glenelg Shire and I Am Portland websites
How to apply
Applications need to include:
- a letter which tells us who you are and why you should be our next team member. Look at the selection criteria in the position description for some ideas.
- a resume outlining your education, experience and work related achievements. We are looking to see if your employment and experience have set you up with skills needed to be successful in this role.
- details of at least two professional referees. We will be calling them and asking them a wide range of questions about how you performed as an employee in your past roles. They need to be able to provide feedback on your performance.
The successful applicant will be required to be eligible for and undergo the following:
- Police Record Check
- Working with Children Check
- Current Immunisation status. This role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and meet the requirements of the Portland District Health Immunisation Policy.
For further details and a position description please visit our careers section at: www.pdh.net.au
Applications close: 5pm Friday 25th November 2022
Applications must include a letter outlining your suitability for the position, a current resume, qualifications and two referees.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org for queries please phone HR (03)5521 0312