Graduate Nurse Program
- Annual intake of Graduate Nurses
- Program is for 52 weeks with 5 weeks annual leave
- Comprehensive orientation program and study days
- Graduates fully supported by experienced preceptors and clinical support nurses
- For enquires please contact learning and training Coordinator (PDH learning Centre) on 0355210615 or 0355210620
Portland offers :
- Full in house program based at Portland District Health
- Positions for (5) Graduates
- (0.8EFT) 8 days per fortnight
- Commencing end Jan / Feb
- 12 month contract
PDH is also part of a Collaborative Program, where the graduate rotates across 3 health services in the graduate year (Moyne, Western District Health Service, Portland District Health). This program offers:
- Position for 3 graduates
- (3) Four month rotations at each site
- (0.8 EFT). 8 days per fortnight
- Commencing end Jan early Feb
- 3 short term contracts (total of 12 months)
Further information about the South West Collaborative Program can be found here (tb 2019).
- Application and Selection process is via “computer match” GNMP,
- interviews are conducted Aug / Sept of each year.
The following document has the criteria for application’s to the Graduate Nurse Program
- Portland District Health – Graduate Nurse Application Criteria (tba 2019)
For enquirers, please contact Kylie Micallef, Education Clinical Support Nurse and graduate contact, located in the Learning Center, Education. For further information email email@example.com or phone 55210615 / 55210620 or mobile 0473377098.