The Environmental Services department works closely with all departments and levels of management throughout PDH to ensure a high level of cleanliness to assist in the delivery of high quality patient care and satisfaction.
The core services delivered by the Environmental Services department are:
- Operating Suite
- Patient Rooms / Resident Rooms
- Toilets and bathrooms
- Consultation Rooms / Service Areas
- Dining Areas
- General Areas
- Visitor & Staff Toilets
Other Duties Performed
- Waste Collection and Management
- Monthly and Annual Auditing of waste and cleaning
- Portering to support the clinical division
- Co-Ordination of Pest Control Provided by Contracted Service
- Patient / Resident Personal Items
- Hospital Linen e.g. Curtains & Micro Fibre
The Environmental Services department have been well recognised for their commitment and dedication by not only this health organisation, but also by surrounding health facilities within the region for their exceptional achievements of scoring 100% in the external cleaning audit for 3 consecutive years, making Portland District Health one of the cleanest hospitals in Australia. Environmental Services staff take great pride while cleaning, in the presentation of the health service and their contribution to patient care.
Environmental Services are subject to two internal audits and an external audit annually.
Contact Details (03) 5521 0319